Our Programming Students
Because our graduates come from a range of backgrounds and take our coding classes for a variety of reasons, there really isn't any one "typical" kind of student here at DaVinci Coders. Our coding courses include students who are:
- Unemployed, underemployed or between jobs
- Currently employed but want to update or retrain existing skills
- Recent college grads who can't find work
- Military veterans entering the workforce
- Entrepreneurs interested in building a tech startup
- Ready to reinvent their career
Many of our coding students are from around Westminster, Boulder and the greater Denver metro area, but we also have a number of students from outside Colorado and throughout the U.S., as well as international students from all over the world.
Students who demonstrate a real drive and passion for programming thrive best in our intensive, immersion-style coding courses. If you're still not sure whether coding is right for you, we encourage all our students to check out these free online coding tutorials:
Taking online coding classes for free is a great exercise in finding the programming language that fits you best. Once you're rocking these programming tutorials, applying to DaVinci Coders should definitely be your next step.
Your Coding Class Experience
The learning environment you'll experience at DaVinci Coders isn't going to feel like your typical classroom—and that's a good thing! We believe that what you learn is directly connected to the environment in which you're learning, so we've structured our coding classes a bit differently:
- Small Class Sizes: Your class won't be any larger than 16 students. Keeping a low student-to-teacher ratio makes it easier for our coding instructors to customize the course curriculum to each student's individual skill levels while offering more hands-on support. Every one of our students will leave DaVinci Coders with real work experience and a portfolio of projects they've worked on.
- Real-World Coding Skills: Most coding classes leave a pretty big gap between classroom knowledge and real-world coding skills. At DaVinci Coders, we integrate real-world skills as part of our coding classes. Your initial training session of 12 to 13 weeks in our classroom is followed by 8 weeks applying your new coding skills in a real-world work environment. We'll be there during your transition to help you every step of the way.
- A Coding Head Start: Need to get your computer in coding shape? We'll help you out. Installfest is mandatory for all students and is held the weekend before your first day of class. Instructors will walk you through downloading and installing all the necessary software you need to hit the ground running on your first day of class.
Coders are hard-working problem-solvers who have to do double duty as detectives while meeting tight deadlines under pressure. Becoming a coder isn't an easy process, but a career in coding can be incredibly rewarding. And we'd love to help you get there.