When you're thinking about starting your own business, there are a host of skills that you need to acquire. If you don't have coding skills at the top of your list, it's time to put it there! Working with DaVinci Coders can help you learn to code and develop the skills you'll need to accomplish a number of important tasks on the technical side of your business.
1. Understanding coding will help you fix the little annoyances. Entrepreneur considers coding to be one of the most vital tech skills for running a business in the 21st century. Even if you have a team of programmers working for you, being able to take care of what Entrepreneur terms the "little annoyances" for yourself is infinitely preferable to needing to call your programmers every time a small detail in your app doesn't work the way you had in mind.
2. The better you understand coding, the better you can evaluate your potential hires. How do you know the difference between a great coder and a mediocre one? If you haven't learned to code, you may struggle to tell the difference — and that means that you could end up with a mediocre coder on your team. If you understand the language of coding, however, you'll be able to dive in and evaluate the quality of code potential hires are able to produce. That means you'll be less likely to make hiring mistakes that could prove costly as your business grows.
3. When you can code, you can stay at the cutting edge of technology. App development is the latest craze in every industry. If you can't write code, however, you can't develop the apps you need in order to be successful — nor can you understand the challenges faced by the members of your team who are working on those apps. As your understanding of coding increases, on the other hand, you'll be better able to manage the time and resources that will make your app happen.
4. Knowing how to code increases your DIY range. As an entrepreneur who is just getting your business started, you have to wear many hats. You don't have the luxury of hiring someone to take care of every little thing for you. Learning how to code will substantially increase the range of things that you're able to do for yourself, from fixing a problem with your website to updating the content of your app.
5. Speak the same language as your programmers. When you work with a team of programmers, you want to be sure that you understand one another. It may take many hours and intensive study to master a new skill, but learning the basics doesn't take nearly as long. When you learn the basics of coding, you'll also learn how to communicate more effectively with the programmers working alongside you. This will help remove communication barriers and make sure that you know what they're talking about, whether they're asking you a question or imparting valuable information. Plus, if you've been to a coding bootcamp, you can tell if they're BS'ing you about how long a task will take!
6. Increase your problem-solving capability. Chances are, there are plenty of problems that are going to crop up as you launch your new business. Learning to code, however, substantially increases your problem-solving skills as it subtly alters the way you think about potential problems.
At our coding school, we want to give you the tools you need to help your business succeed. Contact us today to learn more about the programs we've developed to give you the coding skills to manage many of the tasks around your business, increase your problem-solving abilities, and communicate more effectively with your tech team. Learning to code can substantially help your business's prospects as you launch it into the technology era, so why not get started today?